Saturday, February 20, 2010

My New Homebrew Club: CHUG

I have thought about joining a a homebrew club for the past few years. I was briefly in a very loose brewing organization a few years back called Nano Club, too many of the guys got into the "industry" and homebrewing became less of a priority for them, which I understand. San Diego has a couple of clubs one is the big one QUAFF. Quaff is a good club, but it just doesn't seem like my style. Luckily one of the guys that I was in Nano Club with started a new homebrew club for San Diegans in the city. The club is called CHUG and it stands for what ever each of us wants. So far I have come up with Cerevisiae Harmed Upon Gulping. It is the first thing I came up with and works, except for all the other yeasts and bugs I have been brewing with. The club is pretty free form and it is just getting started but we will be meeting periodically to talk beer styles, techniques, and to share beers and get feedback from each other on our bees.

We have a great website (http://www.chugsd.com/) where we post recipes, etc.

I am looking forward to this club!

No comments:

Post a Comment